Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chapter 8: Get Involved!!!

Chapter 8 is very inspirational and gives great meaning of how technology not only helps the privilege but can also help those who have no access to technology. After reading this chapter it makes me want to join one of these organizations such as Twinbooks, e-pal, and ilearn in order to give other children the opportunity that our children may have. What touched me the most was the story of 1kg and how these volunteers travel to places that have little or no access to technology and are able to bring outside information to them, and then in return they can teach the rest of the world information about them.

This chapter opened my eyes to a whole new way of using the web. It also opened my mind to want to find a way that I can be part of this exciting evolvement. I find it fascinating how already so many schools around the world are interacting with one another and some are even involved in certain activities that are going on in the classroom. When I was in school this wasn’t really even thought of. If only it was, maybe I would have been more interested in history and social studies. Hopefully, my children will get these opportunities and will love to learn.

1 comment:

  1. It's kind of interesting how you (or anyone) can take their own experiences and hear or read something and suddenly transform their whole way of thinking. I like anagrams, and I often think of this as an anagram. My own thoughts are arranged in a way that makes sense to me, then I hear or read something and rearrange them in yet another logical order, but one that wasn't apparently only moments before.

    I agree with you, if only we could have used things like this to engage students years ago, how many lives would have been changed. Myself included. Now how do we make sure that we do this from this point forward?

    ReplyDelete